Thursday, April 19, 2012

Avacado Pasta Sauce

Some of you may know that lately, I have been making an effort to eat very healthy. Our family has never really had any unhealthy eating habits but I am trying to go that extra mile.

In the spirit of healthy eating I decided ot put together a nice Saturday meal for the three of us. We ate grilled garlic chili chicken, roasted asparagus and smart pasta with avocado lime sauce. It was delicious!

Ingredients:
~ 1 Avodaco
~ 2 Tbs of Lime Juice
~ 2 Tbs of Basil (Preferably fresh.... I only had dried when I decided to put this together)
~ Approx. 1/2 Cup Water


How To:
Add all indregients to blender and blend until smooth. If it is too thick for your liking, add a more water to thin the sauce out.


Add to cooked pasta and gently toss until the pasta is evenly coated. Done!

Now I have to tell you about one of our favorite products for cooking. David, Sydney and I like to eat meals with low sodium content. The problem with low sodium meals is that they tend to be bland. Spices are usually packed with salt and are generally not good for you. We have found one that we LOVE! It is 100% natural and has no salt added. It is essentially dried garlic and chilis. That's it. Super plain and delicious!


For this meal, I used it on both the asparagus (with a small amount of Extra virgin Olive Oil brushed on) and the grilled chicken. Yum!


Here is the final result of all of the hard work. Every bite was divine and super healthy.



Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment